Tuesday 11 September 2012

12 Weeks Pregnant

The big news this week is that your baby's reflexes are becoming more honed. The baby will squirm if you prod your belly, although you probably can't feel him or her moving around yet. Fetal nerve cells have been multiplying rapidly and the neurological connections in the brain (synapses) are forming. The baby can close fingers, curl toes and clench eye muscles.
Baby's face is looking more human as eyes have now moved to the front of his head and ears are in place.

Your baby is able to swallow this week and practices on the amniotic fluid he or she floats in. Fetuses get oxygen from the blood pumped into their bodies by the placenta and don't breathe with their lungs.



Your baby's intestines are well under way, but they aren't all where you'd expect them to be. Instead of all being locked away in the body cavity, some are dangling on the outside, in the umbilical cord.

Your little nugget's finger- and toenails are forming this week. The chin and nose are also becoming more defined.

Junior has doubled in size over the past two weeks and now weighs almost ½ ounce. He's also now around 2 ½ inches long, about the length of your pinky finger or a Vienna sausage, which, in a few months, will be indistinguishable from one another.

My Pregnancy Symptoms:

- Larger chest...at times sore
- Generally feeling much warmer
- Bloated
- Dry Lips & skin - especially on my face
- Nausea has lessened and I feel nausea all day but only get sick about once MAYBE twice.
- Fatigue
- Major Aversion to water
- Tingling Nipples
- Pregnancy Acne
- My growing belly!
- Dizzy

Best Moment Of The Week:

Going baby stuff shopping with DH. He got bored really fast but picked out some really cute stuff. I was in the zone and would have bought half the store...I guess that is why DH was with me...lol

Milestones:

Moving in to my second trimester! Woot woot!! Never out of the woods but slowly but surely we are chugging along. 

Appointments:

September 20th - Hospital dating scan
September 27 with Dr.S
October 4th - Lab blood work
October 18th with Dr. Y
October 31st - Gender assessment

Other Info & Thoughts:


I thought the second trimester was supposed to bring relief? Although I feel better I still feel nauseous and am getting sick. However...it comes and goes really fast. Instead of making it to the bathroom I can barely focus before I am projectile vomiting. Lovely.

Yesterday I tried to put on a zip up hoody and it barely zipped up. It was pretty tight. I don't feel like I look that big but obviously something is going on!

I have had some bouts of emotion this week where I have gone from zero to crying in like 1.2 seconds. It is mostly when I think DH is mad at me or having an attitude. Mostly it is a misunderstanding but by that point I am already in tears.

It still bothers me that since the beginning of getting pregnant I have not had one week where "something of concern" has not happened. I would LOVE to start relaxing and enjoy the pregnancy...any time now!

1 comment:

  1. I hope your MS goes away soon! Mine disappeared over spring break... 14ish weeks I think.

    I'm also praying for you to get some relief from the fears and concerns that haven't let you enjoy being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete