Tuesday 6 November 2012

Extra Extra - Read All About It

It certainly has been a couple weeks of super highs and super lows. I know some of you have been really worried about my lack of posts and to be quite honest I did not want to post anything until we had gotten all the testing back. So...here is the deal. Baby looks fine. I had diagnostic testing done and everything with the baby looks right on track. What they are now concerned about is me. Apparently when pregnant the veins and arteries around the uterus grow and develop differently. Mine are not doing that. This can lead to things such as pre-term labor and low birth weight of the baby. I have been sent to a womens center about an hour from where I live for further testing on this. Although this was somewhat interesting news DH and I were relieved to hear that the baby for all purposes looked like it was thriving and developing just fine. I am still on bed rest and will probably be for the rest of the pregnancy.

In other news....IT'S A GIRL!
As you can see by the pic our pup was
quite excited to see those pink balloons rise to the ceiling!











 
20 Weeks Pregnant:


Up until now your baby has been measured from crown to rump but from this point on the measurement will be from crown to heel – and this week she is about 26cm long and is steadily gaining weight. A whitish coat of a slick, fatty substance called vernix caseosa begins to cover your baby, protecting her skin during its long immersion in amniotic fluid. It also eases birth. Your baby's swallowing more this week, good practice for her digestive system. After your baby takes in amniotic fluid, her body absorbs the water in the liquid and moves the rest into her large bowel. In her bowel, a sticky by-product of her digestive system, called meconium, accumulates. It'll appear in her first nappy after she's born.

Your baby has established sleep patterns akin to a newborn now. Many babies even have a favorite sleep position already. Some snooze with their chins resting on their chests, while others nap with their head flung back. Many babies at this age fall into noticeable cycles of sleep and activity, so you may know before she arrives whether you have a night owl or an early bird.





From this point forward, your baby will put most of her energy into gaining weight and, not coincidentally, so will you! Right now your baby weighs approximately 10½ ounces and is about 6½ inches long, about the size of a can of Red Bull - but you really shouldnt be consuming that...try a cantelope...which is another good idea of how big your little one is!

My Pregnancy Symptoms:

- Larger chest
- Temp generally back to normal and have started sleeping with the duvet again
- Skin is getting better...only minor dryness and acne as subsided
- There are still some days when I feel nausea but generally I am only getting sick about once a week!
- Fatigue
- Tried to drink water the other day and proceeded to throw up the rest of the night...
- Tingling, burning, tight Nipples
- My growing belly!
- Little "popping" sensations near pelvic area. Baby is sitting/laying VERY low.

Best Moment Of The Week:

Revealing the gender to friends and family. The party was so much fun. I will post some pic in another post. The day certainly took a lot out of me though. I have spent most of yesterday and today in bed.

Milestones:

Feeling the littler flutters. They are coming more frequently now. Although I have an anterior placenta so I will not be able to feel crazy movement for a little while. Bummer. DH is bummed too that I am the only one who can feel these things. He cannot wait until he can put his hand on my belly to feel those kicks and punches from our little karate kid.

Appointments:

November 27th - DR. S
November 28th - Women's Center

Other Info & Thoughts:


I would LOVE to go from here on without anymore bad news. This pregnancy has been super scary. I have decided though that February and March I will be taking the bed rest I am on a little more seriously so I do not go into labor too early. It is going to drive me crazy but I cannot really be thinking of me at this point...there is too much else at stake.

Ugh...maternity clothes. The bane of my existence. Why cant they be super cute and super flattering. The WORST are the PJs. For those of you in Canada you know how bad the selection is at Thyme. Brutal.

I can't believe how our list of "baby needs" seems to grow every month! Even though I am trying to be super budget conscious and buy a lot second hand it costs a freaking lot to have a baby. My disability insurance due to bed rest kicks in at the end of this month so I can stop being so broke and actually start really getting going on all the major purchases. Although...I am very appreciative to have that. I do not know where DH and I would be without EI and LTD.

Thank you for all your wonderful thoughts and prayers that I have received. I have such an amazing blog community. Luv and hugs! :)

1 comment:

  1. I actually loved my Thyme clothes! The styles were perfect for my job at a school though :) I'm still loving their nursing tops as well as the glamourmom tops for layering!

    Congrats on your little girl! I can't believe you're halfway already!

    ReplyDelete