Tuesday 14 August 2012

8 Weeks Pregnant!

This week, your little tadpole is starting to look a little bit more human.



The embryonic tail is just about gone, and all organs, muscles and nerves are beginning to function. In the brain, nerve cells are branching out to connect with one another, forming primitive neural pathways. Your baby's hands now bend at the wrist, and the feet are starting to lose their webbed appearance. The eyelids cover more of his eyes and tastebuds are forming on his tongue.

 Your baby's eyelids, ears, upper lip and the tip of his soon-to-be adorable button nose are forming.

Baby's tiny heart has separated into four distinct chambers and is really ticking now—at a rate of 150 beats per minute. That's more than twice your resting heart rate





Your baby is now a little more than ½ inch long and is about the size of a raspberry.






My Pregnancy Symptoms:

- Sore/ heavy/ larger bbs
- Trouble getting comfortable and sleeping at night
- Generally feeling much warmer
- Bloated
- Dry Lips
- Frequent Urination
- Nausea every day, throwing up every meal
- Fatigue
- Major Aversion to water
- Burning Nipples
- Stuffy/Runny Nose (Not sure if this is the pregnancy or just the usual bad allergies I get in July & August)

Best Moment Of The Week:

On thursday of last week I saw the baby and the little heart beating away which was pretty cool!

Milestones:

Oh morning sickness...or should I saw 24 hour a day sickness. It started about halfway into my 6th week and I was getting sick a couple times a day then gradually moved to where if I put anything in my mouth...including liquids it would come right back up. Needless to say I now have a pregnancy prescription for nausea and vomiting. Because I am so sick my best friend is convinced it is a girl. Apparently women who are really sick in the first trimester tend to have girls...we will see how true that is...

Appointments:

August 23 with Dr. Y and August 30th with Dr. S.

Thoughts:

If I ever was unsure about how pregnant I was the sickness confirms it. Even with the meds I get sick. My dinner did not last very long in my stomach tonight before coming back up. So here I sit nauseous and hungry...

Other Info:


I have started feeling super duper tired. I can even take a nap during the day and still sleep at night...that is certainly new. As for cravings and aversions I cannot really say I have anything where I have to have it RIGHT NOW just things that sound really good..like frosted flakes....their grrrrrrrrrrrrrrreaaaatttt! lol

1 comment:

  1. Yay 8 weeks! So sorry you are so sick :( been there...glad you got some medicine and hope it helps! Lol about the frosted flakes :)

    ReplyDelete