Tuesday 21 August 2012

9 Weeks Pregnant!

You may be able to hear the heartbeat this week with the help of a Doppler! The eyelids, now completely covering the eyes, are fused and won't open until week 26. Tiny earlobes are now visible.



Baby is beginning to move, but you won't be able to feel anything for some time.

Baby is growing nipples and hair follicles. The pancreas, gallbladder, bile ducts and anus are all in place, ready to poop and pee a dozen times a day when he or she is born. Your baby's head is half the size of its body and the little chin is tucked into the chest. The tiny tail is beginning to shrink away, giving Junior a more human and less amphibious look.


This week your baby will begin to develop either male or female genitalia.

At this stage, your developing fetus is 1-inch in length, about the size of a martini olive and weighs a mere 2 grams—a little less than a penny.

My Pregnancy Symptoms:

- Sore/ heavy/ larger chest
- Darkened and larger aeolus and larger Montgomery bumps
- Trouble getting comfortable and sleeping at night
- Generally feeling much warmer
- Bloated
- Dry Lips & skin
- Nausea every day. throwing up even with the medication
- Fatigue
- Major Aversion to water
- Burning Nipples
- Hunger
- Emotional
- And the new joy: pregnancy acne...

Best Moment Of The Week:

Being able to get through a wedding I attended without getting sick until we reached the house. Then at home I got sick twice...oh well...

Milestones:

Making it to 9 weeks!

Appointments:

August 23 with Dr. Y and August 30th with Dr. S.

Other Info & Thoughts:


The "morning sickness" is really kicking my ass, worse at night...even with medication. I just do not feel like myself. I have noticed some pants getting tighter and I definitely prefer wearing sports bras to regular bras at this point. The only liquids that stay down at this point are juice and milk...don't even talk to me about water...*barf*. Food is depressing to eat because it just comes back up again.

I spotted tuesday morning and evening, wednesday morning and evening, thursday morning and yesterday afternoon. However Tuesday-Thursday was bright red, only lasted about an hour and then went away. Yesterday was not red. No cramping or clotting so I have been told there is nothing to worry about and it is "normal" but it still scares the shit out of me. DH still thinks it is a good sign that I am getting so sick...even though I would never wish this on anyone...

Because I am so sick and tired nothing around the house usually gets done and I dont like leaving the house for fear of getting sick in public. You cannot really tell I am pregnant at this point so all I would be is the weird girl throwing up in the corner or on the side of the road. Not cool.  I am hoping this eases up. I could really use a break. Also...I never use to get acne...I had pretty clear skin...not now...I have got bumps on my arms, chest, face, shoulders...and the list goes on...

Other then that I am just really looking forward to my next appointment with Dr. S to see the little babe again. I am going to try to get a picture from that appointment to post so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Woohoo 9 weeks! Happy the bleeding as stopped! So sorry you are so sick :( I cut down o one zofran a few days ago but it caught up to me and I m back to feeling worse and threw up this morning. Can your doc up your zofran dosage? Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete