Saturday 25 August 2012

Symptoms Coming Out The Wazoo

One of the worst things I have been experiencing for about a week is morning sickness that goes hand in hand with Ptyalism (excess saliva). It seems there is always a river in my mouth. I feel like a baseball player constantly spitting every chance I get. It hits at the most annoying times too...like right before bed or in the car. I feel less then lady-like at the moment. Although DH made me laugh yesterday. I was spitting and then turned to him and was like "Oh how lady-like. Ugh...I feel less a less goddess like every day." And he was like, "What are you talking about...you are the epitome of lady-like right now...you are growing a human being. Now if that isn't lady-like I don't know what is." Awww, so sweet.
Yesterday DH stood dutifully behind me rubbing my back and I proceeded to through up all of dinner and then promptly started sobbing. Poor thing. He feels so helpless. Well, at this state I feel pretty helpless myself. I don't feel like me. I feel as though something has taken over my body and is running how I look (good ol' pregnancy acne), how I feel (morning sickness, fatigue, etc) and how I think (random emotions, etc...). Something pretty interesting though...I was looking up "excess saliva and what could help" and a link on baby center came up. I would say about 90% of the women on that board who had major excess saliva in the pregnancy gave birth to a boy...how interesting is that??? I guess we will see if I fit the statistic. I just found that intriguing.

Most sites I have been to say that morning sickness and Ptyalism go away in about the 12-14th week. so that means I have about 2-4 weeks to go until I start feeling a little better. I bought sea bands on thursday and I do not really know if they have been helping or not but at least I am trying to be proactive...My doctors keep telling me to keep it easy...I honestly just cant wait until I get my next ultrasound on thursday....seems like forever away! I promise I will get a picture this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment