Tuesday 17 July 2012

4 Weeks Pregnant!

The ball of cells – now called an embryo – growing inside your uterus (womb) is the size of a poppy seed. It's dividing into three layers that will later form organs and tissues.
The neural tube – from which the brain, backbone and spinal cord, and nerves will sprout – develops in the top layer. The heart and the circulatory system begin to appear in the middle layer. The third layer starts to house the lungs, intestines and beginnings of the urinary system.

Pregnancy Week 4 - Size of Poppy Seed

The yolk sac produces red blood cells and nutrients for your baby. But early versions of the placenta and umbilical cord are already at work, and preparing to take over this job.
The placenta's cells are burrowing into the lining of your uterus, creating microscopic fingers of tissue (chorionic villi). Once the placenta is fully functioning by the end of this week, it will be able to make nutrients for your baby and take away his waste products. The umbilical cord delivers those nutrients, and oxygen, to your baby.

My Pregnancy Symptoms:

- Sore/ heavy/ larger bbs
- Heartburn
- Nausea
- Fatigue
- Warmer daily/nightly temperature
- Cramps
- Nosebleeds

Best Moment Of The Week:




<----Telling DH! This is what I did...
The sign reads:
"We have a bun in the oven. Baby Angell due March 26, 2013"

He didn't get it at first (what a guy, lol) and then totally clued in when he read the sign. I thought the pregnancy tests would be a dead give away! After it finally registered he started jumping up and down...seriously...best moment ever. I cannot wait to tell our family members...I have to wait until the end of next week to tell my family and his dad (on his birthday) and then we tell his mom on her birthday (the 31st).

Milestones:

The morning sickness officially stated kicking my ass this morning. It totally caught me off guard and was literally running to the bathroom. I am grateful for every symptom and sign of pregnancy I get though. Just so happy to be here.

Thoughts: I am super nervous. All day yesterday I think I was shaking. Yesterday was also the birth of our good friends daughter and holding her I just started tearing up. What amazing timing. At 8:30AM I tested and 8:45AM they messaged me to tell me about her arrival. I could not have planned that any better. However at the hospital I was bursting at the seams! It took everything in me not to blurt out the news...especially since I had not told DH yet!
Tonight I think I am going to convince DH to buy this journal I found online that is just for grandparents and we can give that to each of them. I think it would be really special for them to keep track of their own thoughts and such especially since this is the first grand-baby on either side!

Other Info:


The second I saw two pink lines I was running around the house trying to find my meds to start taking them again. Usually I would take them right before bed which is great because they make me sleep quite well but because I started them in the morning I am slowly working my way back to take them in the evening again. Not sure how many more of these restless/no sleep nights I can take! I have to take the meds until the end of my first trimester and then slowly ween myself off because by that time my body should be producing mega amounts of progesterone for the baby and will have no need for the meds.
Fingers crossed that this will be a happy, healthy and worry free pregnancy!

4 Week Photo: 
 

1 comment:

  1. yay 4 weeks! hopefully this goes much faster for you since you weren't testing early! i found out at 9dpo...so just to get to week 4 seemed like forever! yay for symptoms too!!!!! as much as it sucks, i KNOW we would rather feel awful physically, but feel hopeful emotionally about the pregnancy!

    ReplyDelete