Tuesday 31 July 2012

6 Weeks Pregnant!


This week starts a period of rapid cellular development for your baby-to-be, who looks like a mini tadpole, with a tiny head and tail. His or her eyes, ears and mouth have begun to form (though they're a little more Discovery Channel "creatures of the sea" documentary than Gerber Baby at this point).

Your baby's heart is now beating to a regular beat, although it's still too faint to hear.

His or her arm buds are just beginning to, well, bud. They look like teensy swollen bumps at this point. In a few days, they'll resemble itsy-bitsy flippers.

Your baby has grown to ⅛ inch long—about the size of one of the chocolate sprinkles on your last cupcake (and your last ice cream cone, and your last sundae and your last giant cookie ... maybe there is something to those rumors about pregnancy cravings!).

The baby and the yolk sac are about the size of an M&M's candy - or as the picture shows...a sweet pea.


A month after conception, the embryo looks something like a newt or a tadpole, and it has gills like a fish! Right now, the embryo of our future baby looks much like the embryo of any other animal—a bird, rabbit, or monkey. It has two tiny cups of pigment on the side of its head that will develop into eyes. Tiny buds that will form the lungs have appeared. The neural tube has closed. One end is flattening and expanding to become the brain, and the other end will become the spine. It's already 10,000 times larger than the fertilized egg. The embryo doesn't have gender characteristics yet, but has little dots where the nipples will be, whether it's a boy or a girl. The heart, a tiny U-shaped tube, will start beating between days twenty-one and twenty-four and is circulating the embryo's own blood. It has a small mouth and lips and fingernails are forming.

My Pregnancy Symptoms:

- Sore/ heavy/ larger bbs
- Trouble getting comfortable and sleeping at night
- Generally feeling much warmer
- Bloated
- Dry Lips
- Frequent Urination

Best Moment Of The Week:

Telling DH's parents. His dad's face lit up and his mom cried. It was awesome.

Milestones:

Calling the doctor frantic with questions and concerns.

Appointments:

August 9 2012 - Dr. S

Thoughts:

Still a nervous Nelly and analyzing everything that may be a concern on the TP. I have not really connected with the pregnancy yet. I think that is just because of the two losses and not really feeling like I can allow myself to get excited about it yet. I hate calling DH at work in tears like I did yesterday. I feel so bad for doing it but I needed to talk to him. Hopefully this process does not get to overwhelming for him. On the bright side I tested with another CBD test this morning and is showed " pregnant 3-4" weeks which would be pretty much on the mark because I should be 6 weeks today from my last AF give or take a few days - as I still have no idea which day I actually ovulated. I was so happy to see that higher number...to be honest it helped my heart calm down a little bit.

Other Info:


As my other posts read I spotted both last thursday and yesterday and was on the phone frantically with the doctor who told my to take my prometrium up my who-ha, stop freaking out and lay down. I feel so useless... My mom even came over today and did some laundry. So much for independence...

  6 Week Photo:

Coming soon...I should probably shower first...lol

1 comment:

  1. Yay 6 weeks!!! So happy the test gave you some reassurance...it's so hard waiting for that first appt! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete