Tuesday 24 July 2012

5 Weeks Pregnant!

You won't look pregnant at this point but already your baby’s tiny heart has begun to beat and pump blood. The heart is dividing into chambers and will find a more regular rhythm soon. Your baby is about a quarter of a centimeter long and looks more like a tadpole than a human being and is about the size of an apple seed. The baby will have a growth spurt this week - the first of many!

The baby is  busily growing all his major organs, including the kidneys and liver. The intestines are developing and the appendix is in place. The neural tube, which connects his brain and spinal cord, will close this week.

All these internal developments are matched by changes on the outside, too. The buds that will grow into your baby’s arms and legs begin to sprout. And below the opening that will later form your baby's mouth, small folds exist where the neck and the lower jaw eventually develop.

 The yolk sac produces red blood cells and nutrients for your baby. But early versions of the placenta and umbilical cord are already at work, and preparing to take over this job.
The placenta's cells are burrowing into the lining of your uterus, creating microscopic fingers of tissue (chorionic villi). Once the placenta is fully functioning by the end of this week, it will be able to make nutrients for your baby and take away his waste products. The umbilical cord delivers those nutrients, and oxygen, to your baby.

My Pregnancy Symptoms:

- Sore/ heavy/ larger bbs
- Tingly nipples
- Fatigue
- Feel hot at night and cold during day
- Cramps
- Bloated

Best Moment Of The Week:

Telling my parents and some of my aunts. I did the baby on board sign like I did with my sister. It took my dad FOREVER to see it but when he did he was smiling so big and then came over to hug me. My mom was not even to the back of the car before she saw it. She was super excited as well. My brother had...no reaction, lol.

I want to tell my friend "K" but she just had a baby and her baby shower is this weekend. I want that moment to be all about her so I will probably wait until the hub-bub is over and tell her the next week.

Milestones:

I am super super tired. I could sleep all day and not even think about it. I have not been sick since the last week. Sleeping is rough because I am probably up every 2-3 hours to go to the bathroom.
Last night DH cooked ribs and I told him that the house smelt like it was burning down. Apparently they had just gone in the oven, lol. Needless to say I had to open every window in the house because the smell was so awful to me.

Appointments:

I have an appointment with Dr. S on the 9th. Really excited to tell him the good news. He has been there since after the last miscarriage and through the medication so he knows how big of a deal this is for us.

Thoughts:

I am still really nervous and everything tends to freak me out. I have been cramping really badly ..well..badly compared to last time which was nothing. I looked it up and asked a few people and it seems it is really normal as long as it is not accompanied by bleeding. The cramping gets bad if I am moving and standing. If I am sitting or laying I feel nothing. Apparently the cramping is the uterus stretching and the baby settling in but with everything we have been through I am just trying to be careful because I cannot take another heartbreak.

Other Info:


I went shopping with "M", my best friend, on Saturday and got to tell her. That was awesome. We went across the border to Ross and Marshall's and I scored some pretty awesome deals. Some awesome maternity wear and toys, clothing and essentials for baby. Hard to imagine that is only a 1/8 of what we will need when the baby finally makes its way here!
DH's dad finds out friday and his mom next tuesday. Seems like forever away!

5 Week Photo:

Just some tummy bloating...other then that nothing new!


1 comment:

  1. yay for 5 weeks!!!! you look great...love the little bump or bloat...either way it's awesome!

    ReplyDelete