Monday 23 July 2012

And So It Begins...

Yesterday I think I had my first real craving and pregnancy moment. DH asked what I wanted for dinner and I said a roasted chicken from the grocery store...its not like I was sending him out to get it...he had to grocery shop anyway...lol. But....ever since those words came out of my mouth for the rest of the day I was thinking roasted chicken...day dreaming about roasted chicken...CRAVING roasted chicken.
Then...DH calls...the store was all out of roasted chicken. Unacceptable. This pregnant lady wanted one. So I called the other grocery store by our house...ensured they had one...and....they had ONE left! I made them set it aside for DH and told him to drive over and it would be waiting for him. When he got home I could not even help him unpack the groceries.... I was too set on chicken! Ten minutes later fully fed and happy I could then help him unpack the plethera of items.

The only other thing I have going on food wise is exactly like last time...a deep hatred of anything packaged and processed. The mere thought of it makes me grimace. Oh...and my DH hunts...and the thought of deer meat at the moment makes my stomach turn as well. Which is unfortunate because the freezer is packed with it.

Yesterday was the family picnic and I told my family. They were super excited. My mom kept referring to herself as "g-ma" all day, lol. Next up is DH's family. Hopefully the same reaction will follow. I know it will not be a big surprise to anyone because they know what we want but I still hope they will be super excited.

1 comment:

  1. you're lucky it's an aversion to processed crap... I had aversions to fresh meat :(

    ReplyDelete