Thursday 26 January 2012

2WW - Take Two

Am I slightly crazy to admit I actually don't mind the 2 week wait? I will admit the first time I was going out of my mind with waiting but now that I know what to expect, what I should start feeling and when it will begin to take place... I am a little more at peace. Also I think it helps that I do not really have to wait a full two weeks...it is more like a week and a half. Perhaps that is because a certain someone up there knows how I don't particularly "wait" all that well...

DH and I have BD the heck out of this cycle. Because there is a slight chance ovulation may go through today or tomorrow we are going to continue that dance until this weekend...I mean..why not? Especially since we have been told DTD is off limits completely for us the first trimester (and maybe past) we might as well get it out of our system somewhat...- as if that is even possible for guys...?!

Sometimes I still feel a little jipped that this journey hasn't been a walk in the park. My boss was all excited yesterday because her daughter JUST found out she was pregnant. But get this...she had no idea...she is coming to the end of her fourth month and had no idea, none, she just took a HPT three days ago and it was confirmed at the doctor yesterday. I wonder what that would be like...?

I read somewhere that to help aid pregnancy you should be in a state of mind that you ARE pregnant. So...that is what I am doing. I am THINKING like I am carrying a baby. As crazy as it sounds it can't hurt...right?

My temp dropped this morning so I have a sneaking suspicion that I ovulate today. The next week and a half will be a careful watch of my temp to see if it starts to climb. Fingers Xed.

I had to laugh at my DH mom at the beginning of this week. Apparently her and my FIL are wanting to plan another trip this year (they just got back from Africa...so jealous). But they don't want to make plans around the time I might be pregnant...they don't want to miss it (how sweet). So she asked that I tell her the MOMENT I know. She swore she wouldn't tell a soul. The funny thing is, since I know we get pregnant fairly easily this is the scenario that popped into my head...:

"Hi, Mrs. A - I am just calling to let you know I am about to have a romantic encounter with your son." I'm so lame, lol.

I feel sort of at a crossroads at the moment. The question in my mind is...do I tell everyone when we find out again? The first time we told our families at just under the two month period...Christmas Day - thankfully we really did not tell anyone else except close friends so going around and telling people about the mc was not an issue. Now it seems so many people feel like they are going through this with us they want to be kept in the loop. Both our families have made a point of saying if we get pregnant again they want to know right away. As sweet as that is, it is really scary. Everyone is already treating me with kid gloves. I still get asked all the time if I am alright. I fear that when they find out I am pregnant again that will only become more of a problem. It is so hard...I so do not want to let myself or anyone else down again. Especially my DH. A month ago we were hurting so much...even though we feel we have made great strides since then I can't help but feel maybe I should keep the news to ourselves until we know for sure. But then again...do you ever really know for sure...?

2 comments:

  1. Yay for the 2ww! Hope you have a great one! Your mil sounds so sweet...hope you have some good news to stare with her very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For a while I went back and forth on who to tell and when with a future pregnancy. We told family at 6 weeks, too, and then slowly started to tell others around 10 weeks. Now that we know there will be a problem with me carrying to term, I think I'll tell more people, if that makes sense. If I go on bed rest, or have a cerclage put in, I want as much support as possible. And now that I know the scariest part for me won't end with the first trimester, I want other people thinking good thoughts about us through the whole pregnancy, and not just assuming that we got here easily and that it will be a walk in the park. Does that make sense? I think the further from my miscarriage I get and the more we find out about my medical issues, it just makes me want to tell more people sooner. Maybe I'm just weird . . .

    ReplyDelete