Tuesday 3 January 2012

Background

On Saturday September 3, 2011 I married the man I am destined to be with for the rest of my life. The wedding day was great - it went way to fast - but it was great. After that was the honeymoon which was perfect...pina colada's by day, romantic evenings by night...

Then came real life...and by that I mean life after the tan faded and the plane touched down on the tar mat...
My husband and I both hold good paying jobs and families that although seem quaint on the outside definitely have their quirks on the inside - but we wouldn’t have it any other way.

It should come as no surprise - especially to those who know me quite well - that all life’s little details were hashed out and talked to death well before any vows took place.

Shortly after the wedding and just after my husbands 30th birthday we came home with a new addition to our family - Molly - the best, most well behaved little pup a girl could ask for.

Everything was following our carefully thought out plan.

Three months less a week after professing our undying love to each other we started what many people like to refer to as "the baby dance" and nine days later I was presenting my husband with a carefully wrapped canucks onesie to give him the amazing news letting him know he was going to be a daddy!

Christmas day we told immediate family and friends about the good news. The news was well received and did not come as a shock as most people knew how badly we wanted to start a family.

Four days after Christmas was a day I will never forget. The day the ultrasound tech at the hospital looked us in the eye and told us she couldn’t find a heartbeat. I miscarried my precious two month old baby.

So im doing what any normal control freak of a person would do - taking it day by day and micromanaging every other detail within my life.

This is a blog about my journey for peace, accepting the past and moving forward without a piece of my heart. It's my cathartic way of letting myself go though all the emotions - the hurt, anxiety, fear and hope.

Feel free to join me as I try to find the silver lining and sunshine on the horizon.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry for your loss! I came across your blog on BC. I also suffered a miscarriage in late November and I am impatiently awaiting a + opk just like you! Hope this is our BFP cycle! I have a TTC blog too...www.baby2bemine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete