Wednesday 18 January 2012

The Maternal Effect

I am not a "dog person". Growing up I was never the kid who begged for a puppy and even when we had a dog twice growing up it never really fazed me. So when my DH negotiated to get a puppy right after the wedding I can't say I was too pleased. The first week with the dog was a nightmare. My DH ended up working long hours leaving me with a puppy to train and take care of. I felt slightly jipped. After all, wasn't it him who wanted the dog in the first place?
All that being said my number one advice for someone who has just gone through a mc....find something to love, nurture or mother. Channel that into something. That puppy turned out to be the best thing for my well being. DH would almost admit that Molly loves me more then him. But after all...I do spend more time with her due to his work schedule. One thing you should know is Molly is a HUGE cuddler. For a rotty that is very interesting. She wont touch her food, or go outside to go to the bathroom until you have cuddled and loved her for at least 5 mins. I as well...am a huge cuddler...much to DH's dismay.
Molly seems to be extremely instinctive as to what I need. Yesterday as I was at home feeling crummy and sad she was amazing. So well behaved and loving. It was almost as if she was taking care of me. Being albe to love, care for and nurture Molly has been so good for life after mc. So I take it back...a dog in our life isnt such a bad thing after all....

Tonight DH and I have a dinner date with a couple who just recently had a mc as well. Talking with her has been extremely enlightening. She is always honest and open about her experiences and hearing mine. Part of me is really hoping we will get to go through this baby journey together. Although she already has three adorable children - well four including her DH, lol -  it would be nice to share the experience with someone who I feel a connection with.
Today is CD23 with no OV in sight. Although my CP is high I don't really see any other difference. I am running out of OPKs. I have 5 sticks left so here is to hoping something happens soon! If not I may have to make an appointment with my Dr. I am just kicking myself that I didn't ask him all the questions I have floating around inside my head but that was not really top priority of conversation yesterday. It feels sucky that I should have ovulated a week ago...I should be on my TWW...I SHOULD have been getting ready to use my HPT this Sunday...

1 comment:

  1. I love my dog so much. It's increased so much more since my mc as well I totally understand the feeling. Sometimes I freak out at the thought of him getting hit by a car (he almost did one day) or him getting out without his collar on (we used to leave it off but i can't do it anymore). Dogs are fantastic.

    Lol at 4 children including DH. I'm glad you've got someone irl to talk to. If you're not on babycenter.com, you should check it out. There's a great miscarriage forum and forums for ttc after miscarriage too.

    ReplyDelete