Monday 23 January 2012

Monday Madness

Good morning!! Today has already gotten off to an odd start. Black ice on my road and slid down our hill almost getting into an accident...then when getting onto the main road I see all the power is out and it is four way stops all the way to work. FINALLY get to work only to see the power is out there as well, my security fob will not let me in and sets off the alarm. I wait until my supervisor arrives who then tells everyone to go home and be safe. So here I am...at home...no power....stealing internet (lol) and considering going back to bed for a nap. Why not?

Now on to other news...I am on CD28...yes...that would mean it has approx been 4 weeks from my miscarriage. Four weeks and no ovulation...major bummer. However...yesterday I had loads of EWCM and my CP was SHOW. So I was convinced I was going to ovulate. No such luck. My digital said no and when I pulled out the stick to analyze it (be honest...you do it too...lol) I noticed the line was getting darker. Hey...at least that is a good sign.

I have recently considered lieing about my last AF date. Because doctors box you in with this whole dating the pregnancy from last AF and a "normal" 28 day cycle I am just considering taking the day I ovulate and backing that date 14 days to give me the first day of my non-existant AF. Because lets be honest...if I were to go in a week from now if I ovulated today and tell them I am pregnant I would technically be 5 weeks pregnant...which is so not even possible. Someone really needs to adjust that theory...because I know very few people who have an exact 28 day cycle ovulating on CD14. It may be untruthful but at least I will have a more correct DD.

Tonight we take our precious Molly into the vet to get spayed...poor girl. And...I go for a hair cut and color. I am really looking forward to this. Its my little way of doing something nice for myself...I figure I deserve it. Plus I couldn't do anything with my hair when I was pregnant because they don't suggest you put yourself near all those chemicals so while I have this window I am going for it! I am trying out a new place so hopefully I will be happy with the results.

I am pulling out all the stops and calling in all the old wives tales...which means drinking green tea and grapefruit juice to promote ovulation....taking my baby aspirin to promote good uterine lining, taking prenatals and musinex and eating lots of greens and drinking lots of water. And...still waiting. But...I actually don't mind the wait. Because this means DH and I will hopefully have a November baby because of the late ovulation. So come on body...regulate yourself...I'm counting on you...!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I plan to totally lie if I end up pregnant after one of my late ovulation cycles. The latest I've ever been was CD 24, but that's still a big difference when you're talking about early development. Even if *I* knew the due date was off, it would freak me out if they told me the baby was developing too slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. if you count back 14 days from when you ovulated and tell them that's your LMP date, your timing will be right on.

    you can't consider LMP to be your miscarriage at this point for that very reason that you posted. you'd just tell them you haven't had AF since before your miscarriage and they'd have to do an u/s for dating

    ReplyDelete