Wednesday 11 January 2012

Hopeful

Today I am really trying to retain as much hope as possible as today is the day I am SUPPOSED to ovulate...that is IF the miscarriage did not mess with my system. However, I am a little bummed because yesterday my cervical position was no where near what it needed to be for an impending ovulation. But...(and hear me out...I swear I'm not crazy) because I miscarried so late in the day on the 26th I am possibly thinking that ovulation might just be moved to tomorrow....Also, my OPKs have been frighteningly light.

My amazing husband is doing so well! When we made the decision after the miscarriage to start trying again it was agreed upon that we would be super serious about it then. I had already started preparing on my part...I have been taking my prenatals, watching what I eat, have not had an alcoholic beverage since new years eve and am not drinking any pop and am attempting to drink boatloads of water. Personally the caffeine isnt a big deal for me because I am allergic to coffee and I am also allergic to seafood. So no biggies on that end. But...my amazing husband gave up beer for the month of January while we try! We joke that we don't want to get me pregnant with retarded beer sperm, lol.
Sunday we go to a brunch where a close friend is very pregnant and I am hoping to have ovulated before then so the visit is not as painful. At least with the hope of ovulation I have something to hold on to.

It came to the attention of my husband and I that we have been "pregnant" two times in the past four months. I had not really thought of it like that. We stopped using protection after the wedding and when "the witch" had not come by the end of October I went to the doctor where I found out my body was going through a chemical pregnancy. I was slightly relived to hear that as we both had ingested quiet a bit of alcohol during our all-inclusive stay in Mexico for the honeymoon. Then we fell pregnant again in November to miscarry at the end of December. So...like the nurse in the ER told me...at least we know we can GET pregnant...its convincing my body to carry to full term that is the hard part apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment