Tuesday 8 May 2012

Nervous Excitement

1DPO
Temp: 97.4

Due to a high temp this morning I am pleased to announce that I am currently in the 2WW!!

I put in a question to the lovely ladies on my TTC board and they confirmed my suspicions that due to my OPK (regardless of the washed out ones), my CM and temp that I was likely about to ovulate. I went back into my charting history and took a look at November (the last time we got pregnant) and was intrigued to see that we only really DTD the day before OV and the day of. So I figured I would give that a try.

One thing I have to note is this cycle was WAY less stressful then all the rest in the BD department. Even though I should have felt like the weight of the world was on my shoulders I felt like the first time we were trying - nervous excitement. Unlike the other past cycles DH and I can actually look back at this one and honestly say we had fun with the baby making process this time!

Now...on to "symptoms". I am not on progesterone YET. I start my first dose this evening. But because I am not taking it at the moment some signs are coming in loud and clear. Like the gas...oh my word...I feel as though I have just ingested loads of my DH's chili. Not cool. Another thing I want to note is in November we were SURE I was pregnant because literally the day or two after ovulation my boobs KILLED me. Well...not only do these suckers ache but oh man are they tender to the touch. Normally I would discard this because I find this to be something the progesterone does but ...I have not started taking it so this is all me baby!

I am REALLY REALLY trying not to get my hopes up. Like November DH is sure once again we are pregnant. This scares me a tad because I really do not want to let him down and I do not want to get all caught up in the moment only to become a weepy mess on the bedroom floor once again.

IF I am pregnant I am toying with two ideas on how to tell DH. The first one is to go to a bakery and buy a bun, wrap it in a bow and put it in the oven and ask him to go pre-heat the oven but make sure nothing is in it and wait for a response. The second one...(I think I like best) is to go out for a date night to one of DH's favourite restaurants. He has been working really hard lately so I can just say it is a nice reward because he might get suspicious as to why we are going to HIS favourite place. I plan on calling the restaurant before hand and letting them know what I want to do. I will order dessert and they will bring it out and accidentally place it in front of DH. This restaurant does really cool designs on the plate that the dessert is brought out on and I will have them write "I'M PREGNANT!" on the side of the plate. I like the idea that the announcement is public this time because last time it was just at home. But...those are just hopeful plans. Who knows if I will actually be able to hold out until the 18th, lol. I have become a bit of a POAS addict.

An odd thing did happen yesterday evening though. DH and I were out for dinner and I ordered a club. I was initially very hungry but when the plate was put in front of me I was less then interested....even somewhat disgusted. This exact thing happened in November except DH was making Kraft Dinner. The smell revolted me so much I need to leave the room. I was only one or two days past ovulation then too. Perhaps I am grasping at straws but I just thought that was peculiar.

Just a forewarning because tonight is my first dose of progesterone you will not see me posting very many "symptoms" just because I never know which ones are from the fertility drugs. But I will definitely post updates...even if they are...all in my head.

2 comments:

  1. Really praying this is it for you! Love the announcement ideas too! Fx!

    ReplyDelete