Wednesday 29 February 2012

Confusion

Yesterday I must have had a dud OPK because it didn't work - the whole strip was washed out blue when I took it out of the digital reader...not cool. Normally I would just use another strip but I only have one left and my new strips only get delivered today or tomorrow so I dint want to chance missing my surge. Because of this I told DH we just simply just HAD to DTD just in case. Needless to say he very willingly obliged. No surprise there.

My temp had a big dip yesterday morning but I think that is perhaps because I had a really awful nights sleep. I was so restless and just tossed and turned the whole night waking up to a temp of 96.6...very low. My temp this morning was 97.0 which is my cover line usually so who knows what is going on.

I was REALLY REALLY REALLY hoping to get a positive HPT before I had to plaster a smile on my face at a baby shower this next weekend but it looks like no such luck. Part of me is wondering if I perhaps missed my surge...and if I did then I am definitely NOT pregnant because my temps have not stayed above the cover line. Last cycle I OV at CD31 so who knows what is going on....CD23 today and waiting, waiting, waiting. Just really praying this is not an anovulatory cycle. That would be a HUGE bummer. I know that happens sometimes after a miscarriage but that would be seriously devastating.

I am actually really looking forward to this evening...I have a much needed girls night with my mom as DH is working late. We are going to dinner and then the movies to see "The Vow". No lies, I will cry. I can't remember what was on the other day but it was hardly emotional and I could just feel the tears surfacing... I have turned into a psycho emotional lady apparently...lol.

My chart says a possible start of AF on the 11th (just freaking perfect...the DAY of the baby shower)...if that is indeed true and I have not ovulated yet but will that means that I will have a very short lutal phase or I just missed ovulation all together. I really wish there was some easier way to know what was going on "down there". 

I really wish I had been one of those lucky women who the MC actually regulated their cycle back to a close 28 days. But no. not even close. I am still searching for that silver lining to one of the most devastating days of my life.

3 comments:

  1. hey you...i'm so sorry you're having a hard time. i truly believe that the 2ww to O is so difficult...especially when Oing late. every day the hopes are up...and then devastated with each - opk. i would honestly just say to keep bding eod...that way you for sure will not miss your window and it will hopefully cause less stress about worrying you will miss the surge. i'm so sorry you're having a hard time. i'm so sorry about the upcoming baby showers. those are so hard....so much harder after a loss...totally relate. hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog sounds a lot like main...always waiting to O. It's so frustrating, I know. Usually by the time O gets here, I'm so over doing the deed. We have been mostly sticking to the every other day schedule since CD8 and I'm now on CD28. I'm freakin' tired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. meant to say "your blog sounds a lot like MINE" lol

    ReplyDelete