Monday 5 March 2012

Where Art Thou...

Ovulation has forsaken me...or so it seems. Another weekend that went by with no smiley from my OPK. Even though that little stick keeps getting darker I am starting to wonder when it is going to happen. If my body is indeed trying to regulate itself to the patterns before the MC I have a sneaking suspicion it will be at the end of this week March 7-9th. As the full moon is the 8th and the last time I ovulated for my cycle it was CD31 and it is currently CD28.

I have a new theory. DH and I will BD whenever my temp hits my cover line or lower. So basically a temp 67.0 or lower is go time. This is better for us because we know right then in the morning that we need to take time later in the day to BD, whereas before only doing it as per positive OPK was a little frustrating because I only knew in the afternoon so DH had no way of scheduling work accordingly. Ovulation has happened once there is a rise for at least three days above the cover line so I figure we are safe if we DTD every time it hits at or below my coverline of 97.0.

DH and I have two "staycations" planned at a cabin within the next month and I think it is just what we need. DH LOVES the cabin and I personally am just looking forward to getting away...reading a good book..not having to deal with reality. Because lets face it...the reality of my last couple months has sucked. During the time we are away we are also having someone paint the rest of the house. DH is just working way too much to make things like that a reality. The cost is pretty decent and it works out perfectly that it can be done while we are away.

Tonight is dinner with DH's best friend. While he is in town DH likes to see him as much as possible. Pretty much this means no cooking for me tonight (YAY!).

I have never really ever been very good at waiting. It seems this experience is just a cruel way of teaching me patience. I would never wish this on anyone...

2 comments:

  1. Yes, no one should have to go through this, but it will help you as a Mommy though. Enjoy your staycations and not cooking tonight, I'd be jealous but we have chinese on the menu for tonight so I'm good. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm so sorry this O has been so difficult! i'm praying you get your + very soon!

    ReplyDelete